Thursday, March 6, 2014

"We should be able to coast all the way to Harrison."

Wyoming

35mph winds through most of the state, so it was nice to see windmills collecting all of that energy. We passed the Continental Divide and RedpopLover55 joked that "We should be able to coast all the way to Harrison."  I played with the physics of continental divides in my head for a while after that. 


There's no cruise control on the truck, but the speed limit became 75mph and the governor is set at 75mph, so we could just drive with the pedal to the floor. Exits were few and far between, and I'm still suprised we never ended up on the side of the road with an empty tank.


Nebraska

Early in our drive we predicted we would miss looking at the mountains when we reached the middle of the country. I can't speak for Timmy, but I never got tired of looking out the window. Each state/region had something different to offer. Plus, the "boring" fields made for easier driving (possibly making me enjoy them more.) It took DJ Dad 20 hours of driving to break out Randy Newman, so I'm grateful for that.

I still feel bad about not having more pictures to share, but there's two big problems with trying to take a picture's from inside a car.

We drove through Park City early Wednesday morning and my sister, brother-in-law, and nephews flew to Park City late Wednesday night. I sent Dani a picture saying "Worst timing ever," which showcases the first problem: dirty windshields.


She responded 12 hours later with a picture of the same sign which showcases the second problem: motion blur.


We slept in Omaha, Nebrkaska after the 15 hour drive. Time for the home stretch to our cottage in Harrison. One more blog post to go, I'm starting to miss numbers, words are hard.

I apologize for not embarrassing myself at all on Wednesday, resulting in a less exciting post. I'm trying not to get too detailed because I'm worried Mr. Anti-Social Media will be upset when he reads it. In it's current state, I think he'll be happy to have a few seeds of information to help remember the trip. I know that I will.


No comments:

Post a Comment