Monday, March 3, 2014

"That Dani is a funny girl."

Our first day in Santa Cruz was spent organizing the garage to figure out what we need to take back. Most of Big 'Stache's time was spent wondering why grandpa kept so much "junk." I pulled a big collection of rubber bands out of his trash bag, arguing that "we might need these while we're here." I think I have the gene...

My two favorite finds, outside the more personal items and endless collection of books and journals, had to be the engraver and power eraser. The engraver explains why the majority of his items bear his initials. The power eraser means I'll have to sit next to an outlet for my exams from now on.




The realtor was showing the house from 1-4, so it was Thaim for lunch followed by a trip to Rosemary's house (my grandpa's widow). My mom realized this would be her only opportunity to ensure we eat something healthy on the trip. "Sue wants you to eat fruit." The man who has dedicated his life to dental health went straight for the Jordan Almonds...


This blog has been a great experience so far. I woke up Sunday morning with the intention to nix the whole thing, but once I saw all the positive feedback I decided I'm sticking with it. It's been tough to keep ol' blue eyes in the dark, but everyone has been cooperative and I'm very appreciative. 

So Rosemary almost blew my cover. The three of us were talking in the living room when out of nowhere she says "I tried to read your blog today but I couldn't get it to open." Thank goodness the universal sign for "be quiet" spans generations. He gave her a funny look. "Mikie doesn't have a blog...?" She instantly answered with "I meant Dani's new blog." I pulled up FASBBFFBFF for her on the couch along with a word document saying "He doesn't know, please keep secret!" When she finished reading my dad asked how she liked it. With a smile on her face: "That Dani is a funny girl." And that Rosemary is cool under pressure.

It's been funny to hear his phone calls with my family. My dad was talking to my sister Tricia about my climbing adventures from last night, which everyone somehow knew about without talking to either of us. "It was like something out of a bad movie." Nope, just something out of a bad blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment